BDPA Detroit is a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization comprised of professionals working in the IT industry or anyone having an interest in information technology. BDPA Detroit is a member of a National organization that has over 40 Chapters nationwide. Our membership is diverse includes IT managers, executives, consultants, entrepreneurs, project managers, developers, network engineers, programmers, web developers, instructors, and students.
BDPA's objective is to accumulate a pool of Information Technology knowledge and business expertise with the intention of utilizing these resources to:
- Strengthen the expertise of minority members of the Information Technology community.
- Offer this expertise to those minorities evaluatiing Information Technology for future career/business potential.
- Broaden the Information Technology of the minority community as a whole.
- Participate in all activities directly related to the IT arena.
BDPA Detroit provides the following activities to meet our objective:
- Annual High School Computer Camp & Competition Training Program
- Quarterly Technical & Professional Workshops
- Monthly Information Exchange meeting - open to public
- National magazine and local chapter technical newsletter
The Detroit chapter is one of the first five chapters formed. BDPA Detroit has played a major role in setting the standard on building successful chapters throughout the country. We have the best in class computer training program for inner city youths. Our students have placed first in the National BDPA High School Computer Competition numerous times in the competition.
- The Detroit Chapter is extremely active. Over the years we have: Provided high-end computer training to more than 400 inner-city high school students
- Given away more than 70 new "high end" PC's and computer equipment to inner city students
- For the past 22 years, free of charge, Detroit has brought to the community more than 180 technical and business related program meetings
- Hosted the 1992 National BDPA Conference and the 2005 National BDPA Convention
- Hosted Golf Scramble & Award banquets to benefit the computer labs of the Detroit Public School System
- Provided a formal network for our members, sponsors, and the community